Frequently Asked Questions
Everything You Need to Know on One Page
Read through our FAQs to learn all the EPIC details of the awards.
What do EPIC Awards recognize?
What makes a good nomination?
It’s important to include a succinct overview of the challenges faced, the objectives, the solution deployed and impact on the organization and architecture, and the business outcome tailored to the category entered. The judges will want to understand why this company or this individual is deserving of the award. If you are an Integration and Consulting Partner submitting to a partner category, it is important to describe the project completed and specific services you provided.
The independent, third-party judging panel will evaluate and score entries in each customer and partner category according to the implementation’s strategic importance to the business, as measured by its:
- Financial return and measurable payback (returns on investment, assets, resources, speed of time-to-value) through the creation of revenue opportunities or cost savings.
- Impact on the nominee’s customers (i.e., improved quality of service, increased retention, acquisition, innovation in products/service to customers).
- Delivering a strategic advantage to the business/organization now and providing a foundation for future initiatives.
- Ability to overcome the challenges of data management, information access and analysis to provide a foundation for better business decisions.
- For partner category submissions, Integration and Consulting Partners will also be judged on the services they provided to the project and impact on results.
- In partner categories, only customers who permit the publication of their company name are eligible to receive a crystal award.
Who can nominate?
May we submit more than one nomination? A previously entered project? A previous winner?
Is there a fee to enter?
How does the judging process work?
How do we use your information?
What are the deadlines and timeline?
How do I submit an EPIC entry?
What are the categories?
- Analytical Excellence: Solutions that improve business decision making by increasing the accuracy or speed of business insights, and by delivering measurable improvements in revenue, organizational performance and/or productivity. Entries may describe analytic solutions that are based on customer data, operational data, and/or financial data, and/or deliver actionable insights based on multiple data sources, hybrid platforms, applications or tools, or on multiple types of data.
- Big Data Excellence: Winners in this category are delivering high-impact business outcomes using big data, and/or data lakes with BI technologies and techniques. Through effective capture, management, mining, and analysis of large volumes of structured and unstructured data sets, the project has enabled business agility, enhanced decision making, or changed business processes by providing visibility into critically important performance metrics, processes, or insights into important trends.
- Collaboration and Innovation Excellence: This category honors a team of colleagues or a top Technologist or Business Leader (CIO, CMO, vice president or director) who generated a positive impact on their organization, leading integration of business and IT or of cross functional teams and the application of Teradata technology to improve business performance. This team or individual enabled breakthrough success by implementing innovative solutions to business problems to drive business results in cost-effective ways.
- Customer Journey Excellence: Solutions that combine expertise in data integration, advanced multi-genre analytics, and cross channel orchestration to provide marketers a full customer view. Entries will describe how analytical insights drive and optimize customer journeys, and provide the ability to create new products, and/or execute multi-channel campaigns, powered by real-time decision making for high impact business outcomes.
- Integrated View of the Business: Solutions that deliver analytic insights by unifying the data ecosystem into a cohesive analytic environment on premises or in the public or private cloud, by harnessing data sources, data types and/or data structures across an organization. This implementation delivers an integrated view of the business that results in true business intelligence, new business opportunities, and performance improvements, and allows for the reuse of data.
- On the Edge with Internet of Things (IoT): By capturing and analyzing all types of sensor data from telematics and/or interconnected devices such as vehicles, meters, machines, weather devices, buildings, manufacturing lines, and shopping carts, this emerging breakthrough business application can monetize the industrial Internet of Things, by changing business models, improving processes, exploiting new technologies, improving personal health, or enhancing the customer experience in new ways.
- Operational Excellence: Implementations using data and analytics to deliver measurable improvements in the organization’s operations, such as forecasting or anticipating customer demand; improving inventory management, supply chain visibility or asset monitoring/sensing; increasing sustainable business practices and resource optimization; improving transparency, compliance or risk management; and other deployments that deliver greater operational efficiencies and improve the bottom line.
Partner Categories Entries into a Partner category must be from an active Teradata Integration and Consulting Partner (ICP) or Independent Software Vendor (ISV). Entries must reference a customer –if that customer does not grant permission for their name to be used in an external publication, such as a press release, the name will be masked and the customer will not be eligible to receive an award. Multiple entries will be accepted, provided they are based on different customer implementations. The awards cover activities occurring between July 1, 2016, and May 31, 2017.
- Big Data Intelligence: Partner will have leveraged one or more of Teradata’s platform technologies including Teradata, Teradata Aster, Hadoop or any Teradata Cloud offering. This solution could leverage new emerging data sources such as Web logs, sensor, etc. or compelling new analytics — digital marketing optimization, new Web path analysis, or other advanced analytics for discovery and new insight. The solution will provide a unified, high-performance big data analytics system for an enterprise and show measurable return on investment to our customers. Solution will have delivered valuable insight to lines of business and enable our customers to make time-sensitive decisions by analyzing entire sets of relevant data.
- Business Insight: This award recognizes a partner who has developed and implemented a point solution — such as pre-built applications or an industry offer — that uses any analytic data platform, including Teradata, Teradata Aster, and/or one of our analytic applications to deliver analytic insights to customers. This solution must be in production and must deliver measurable return on investment for the customer.
- Solutions that have won this Award in previous years are not eligible.
- Enterprise Intelligence: This award recognizes a partner who has worked with a customer to build a company-wide solution leveraging a Teradata enterprise data warehouse to drive value. Teradata should be the underlying platform for the company’s strategic data analysis that is accessed by different departments and a broad user base. The winning submission must be in production and producing positive results/ROI for the customer. Multiple entries will be accepted, provided they are based on different customer implementations.
- This initiative will have established a Teradata system as the preferred data warehouse platform environment or could be a joint initiative built in partnership with Teradata (for ICP’s only).
Join innovative business and analytics leaders at the 10th Anniversary of the Teradata EPIC Awards and celebrate your outstanding achievements in analytics-driven outcomes, powered by Teradata.
Follow us on #TeradataEPIC to learn who walked the Teradata EPIC Awards Orange Carpet with other luminaries at the Teradata PARTNERS Conference in Anaheim, CA, October 23, 2017.